With Labor Day Weekend now just days a way, summer is *officially* coming to a close. Sure, we're sad to see warm weather and weekends spent at the beach come to an end, but we can't deny that we're pretty stoked to start dressing for fall, too.
We've been patiently waiting to start wearing the trends we saw grace the Fall 2019 runways back in February and March, and now the time has finally come. Need a bit of refresher? Don't worry, we made it easy for you. We rounded up the biggest (and most wearable) trends of Fall 2019 and are letting you in on exactly where to shop them.
From the poofiest of sleeves to the tiniest of handbags, your guide to shopping the six trends you're about to see everywhere awaits.
The Poofier The Sleeve, The Better
Runway photos courtesy of George Chinsee, Matt Baron/Shutterstock, shopping photos courtesy of Ganni, Bershka, & Other Stories, ASOS, Zara
The fall runways were alive with sleeves of gigantic proportions. From Hellessy's '80s off-the-shoulder styles to Rodarte's sequined magic, the poofy statement sleeve we saw pop up in summer's sundresses is most definitely here to stay throughout fall and winter.
From left: Hellessy, Marc Jacobs, Rodarte
1. Ganni, Broderie Anglaise Maxi Dress, $395, available at Ganni.
2. Bershka, Puff Sleeve T-Shirt, $45.90, available at Bershka.
3. & Other Stories, Puff Shoulder Chiffon Blouse, $89, available at & Other Stories.
4. Reclaimed Vintage, Inspired Button Front Midi Dress with Puff Sleeve, $64, available at ASOS.
5. Zara, Faux Leather Top, $49.90, available at Zara.
Runway photos courtesy of WWD/Shutterstock, shopping photos courtesy of Frankie Shop, ASOS, Oh Hey Girl, & Other Stories, Furla
Of all the colors to make their way to the Fall 2019 runways, purple—mostly pastel and pop-y shades of lilacs and lavenders—reigned supreme, and were seen on the runways of Tibi, Sally Lapointe, and more. Considering fall's typical color palette consists of neutrals and deeper jewel tones, we're all for this vibrant, refreshing color bringing us into the colder, darker, and gloomier season to come.
From left: Tibi, Kate Spade, Sally Lapointe
1. Frankie Shop, Lilac Small Wristlet Bag, $55, available at Frankie Shop.
2. ASOS Design, Alex Hiker Boots, $64, available at ASOS.
3. Oh Hey Girl, Lilac Knitted Asymmetrical Two-Piece Set, $157.61, available at Oh Hey Girl.
4. & Other Stories, Alpaca Blend Knit Sweater, $119, available at & Other Stories.
5. Furla, Candy Dome in Lilla G, $248, available at Furla.
Runway photos courtesy of Pixelformula/SIPA, Rodin Banica/WWD, Gregory Pace/Shutterstock, shopping photos courtesy of Urban Outfitters, Free People, Oh Hey Girl, Tibi, Zara
This fall, puffer quilting goes beyond just outerwear. From the runways of Oscar de la Renta down to Rachel Comey, we saw quilting take the form of pants, coat and blazer lapels, and even cocktail dresses! Welp, this season is about to be a pretty damn cozy one.
From left: Prabal Gurung, Rachel Comey, Oscar de la Renta
1. UO, Carmen Quilted Utility Short, $59, available at Urban Outfitters.
2. Free People, Cold Front Quilted Bucket Hat, $28, available at Free People.
3. Oh Hey Girl, Black Quilted Dress, $145.49, available at Oh Hey Girl.
4. Tibi, Soft Quilting Asymmetric Skirt, $695, available at Tibi.
5. Zara, Quilted Shopper Bag, $49.90, available at Zara.
Snakeskin Is The New Black
Runway photos courtesy of George Chinsee/WWD, Pixelformula/SIPA/Shutterstock, shopping photos courtesy of Staud, Shopbop, Vagabond, Topshop, Charles & Keith
Forget the basic black ankle boot. This fall? Snakeskin is our new neutral. With the animal print trend still going strong, snakeskin printed boots in shades of taupe and gray, ranging from ankle- to calf-length, have become to new footwear essential, appearing all over the runways of cool contemporary labels such as Staud and Maryam Nassir Zadeh. We'll be sure to snag ourselves a pair to start wearing post-Labor Day.
From left: Staud, Maryam Nassir Zadeh, Longchamp
1. Staud, Benny Boot, $495, available at Staud.
2. Sam Edelman, Winona Booties, $170, available at Shopbop.
3. Vagabond, Sand/Black Embossed Leather Boots, $160, available at Vagabond.
4. Topshop, Oslo Snake Chunky Lace Boots, $80, available at Topshop.
5. Charles & Keith, Snake Print Knee High Heeled Boots, $79, available at Charles & Keith.
Teeny-Tiny Bags Are Here To Stay
Runway photos courtesy of Pixelformula/SIPA, WWD/Shutterstock, shopping photos courtesy of By Far, Loeffler Randall, Opening Ceremony, Charles & Keith, Genuine People
Unfortunately for those who like to carry their lives with them everywhere they go, the teeny-tiny mini bag is still having a moment for Fall 2019. In fact, it's quite possible that they've gotten even smaller. While most of the bags we saw on February's runways, from Jacquemus' infamous Le Chiquito to the tiny styles seen at Brandon Maxwell and Carolina Herrera, are ridiculously tiny, the shoppable minis outlined below should *at least* be able to carry your smartphone (which is all one really needs, right?).
From left: Jacquemus, Carolina Herrera, Brandon Maxwell
1. KARA, Mint Baby Pinch Shoulder Bag, $395, available at KARA.
2. Loeffler Randall, Aurora, $295, available at Loeffler Randall.
3. Opening Ceremony, Satin Mini Bucket Bag, $75, available at Opening Ceremony.
4. Charles & Keith, Printed Half Moon Wrist Strap Clutch $39, available at Charles & Keith.
5. Qulu Bags, Mini Leather Bag, $290, available at Genuine People.
Tie-Dye Is Still Going Strong
Runway photos courtesy of Mark Von Holden/WWD, Pixelformula/SIPA/Shutterstock, shopping photos courtesy of Free People, Riverside Tool & Dye, Urban Outfitters, Shopbop, Sea
One of Spring 2019's most significant print trends is following through into Fall 2019, appearing on the runways of Prabal Gurung, Collina Strada, and Creatures of the Wind, just to name a few. From psychedelic to California-chill, there are tons of tie-dyed, cooler weather-appropriate goods to snatch up this season.
From left: Creatures of the Wind, Collina Strada, Prabal Gurung
1. Free People, Mirage Tie-Dye Tights, $30, available at Free People.
2. Riverside Tool & Dye, Hoodie in Peach, $128, available at Riverside Tool & Dye.
3. UO, Tie-Dye Quilted Parka, $169, available at Urban Outfitters.
4. Lioness, Tie-Dye Skirt, $78, available at Shopbop.
5. Sea, Ione Tee, $250, available at Sea.